July 26, 2012

Preston’s Room Part III–Photo Gallery

A while back I posted Part I of Preston’s room, and now I am going to skip straight ahead to Part III, why you might ask?  Because I am still waiting for the chandelier (yes I am putting a chandelier in the boys room, I think the only time you can get away with something like that is in a nursery) to arrive, so in the meantime we are going to skip ahead.

Pictures to me are MUST in an room, it is what adds the personal touch, plus what Mom doesn’t love pictures of her kids. 

Lucky for me the nursery has this big old blank wall and I knew JUST what I wanted to do with it.

Preston's Nursery

This Frame Gallery took me WEEKS to finish, I kept changing my mind, switching colors, the layouts, and rearranging the patterns, than I had to decide on the pictures, but finally I got it just the way I wanted it.  I LOVE how it turned out.

Here are a few closer looks at some of the frames.

Preston's Nursery - Left Side



The polka dot frame is a Brayden 8x10  Frame layered with an 8x10 Preston Trim piece.I used our Polka Dot vinyl as a stencil and then used the Texturizing Cream to create the Antiqued Look.  To watch a video tutorial on how to create this look click here.  The white rrame is a 5x5 Eleanor Frame.

Striped Eleanor Frame

Of all the baby pictures I had to choose from, this is one of my favorites.  The frame is the 8x10 Eleanor Frame painted using our striped pattern vinyl as a stencil.  Because I wanted the frames to have a variety of pattern, color and texture, this one I did NOTuse texturizing cream on.

Preston's Nursery Right Side

The top frame in this pic is the 5x5 Brayden Sqaure Frame painted in white.  I think that one of the keys to a successful gallery is having one neutral color that ties all of the frames together, in this case white.

Oval Frame

5x5 Oval Frame, with Giraffe vinyl pattern used as a stencil.

12 In letter
1
2” Wood Letter.  I used the multi stripe vinyl pattern again as a stencil, but this time I did use the Texturizing Cream.

And last of all the vinyl.

Preston's Nursery - Vinyl Close Up
The vinyl can be ordered on line and can be personalized with either baby name and info, or with family last name and established date.

Well there you have it.  As he gets older I plan on switching out the pictures so the collage has pictures of him at different ages of like.

And yes you can buy The Preston Gallery (aka Long and Skinny) as a complete set that includes all of the frames, plus the personalized initial.  On the product page you can choose between a Preston Trim piece, or Brooklynn Trim piece.  You can also Go GRAND with the gallery and upgrade all of the frames by ones size.

The vinyl is an additional add on, but you can choose from a couple of different options.  All of the frames come unfinished so that you can really make this collage your own!

Preston's Nursery - 2

2 comments:

  1. I would love to do this in my "future" nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these frames! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete