May 25, 2012

LAST MINUTE TEACHER GIFT

 I had big plans this year to make a cute craft for my boys' teachers as an end of the year thank you gift.  That shouldn't have been too hard, since HELLO - I happen to have access to lots of craft supplies.  I've done it before, and it has always been a big hit.  But this year the week got away from me (that is not a surprise lately) and the day before school ended I decided to bag the craft and do a cute gift card instead.  Well then the DAY got away from me (are you sensing a pattern here? Ha!) and I was going to pick the gift cards up that night.  By the time we had dinner with cousins from out of town and the final tee-ball game of the season, and then a last minute cousin sleepover - the gift card idea got pushed to the wayside.  So after getting 6 children to sleep (or at least quiet) in our basement, I started looking around my house for a treat I could make the teachers instead.  Since it was 11 o'clock, this needed to be a quick treat.  What is the quickest treat out there?  

Rice Krispies!  Okay, I know what you're thinking.  Rice Krispie Treats -super lame.  But if you're thinking that YOU.ARE.WRONG.  Because these are not just any Rice Krispie Treats.  These are crazy-yummy, hide them from the kids, eat half the pan all by yourself Rice Krispie Treats.  If you don't believe me, you need to try them - they will change your life!  Okay, maybe they won't change your life, but they are really good.  Its the combo of the brown butter (gives them kind of a carmel-y taste) and the sea salt.  And it may or may not call for DOUBLE the amount of butter as traditional Rice Krispies - that could have a little something to do with it.
Once they were done we boxed them up in some cute little gable boxes from Poppy Seed, attached the label to the front with a glue stick, and tied the recipe (printed on cardstock) to the box.  The recipe was personalized by having my boys sign the bottom 'from the kitchen of' part.  Super cute, easy, and cheap!
Gable boxes available at Poppy Seed (in store).




DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD:

4 comments:

  1. Just wondering if you can download the gift label again. It said it was deleted. thanks for the darling idea!
    Barbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So cute! I have issues making Rice Krispies Treats. I have tried and tried. Sigh! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete