January 10, 2014

Guest Post - DIY Dessert Pedestal by One Krieger Chick

Hello Poppy Seed Friends!  I'm Ariean visiting from OneKriegerChick to share how I created a Dessert Pedestal from a Poppy Seed Eleanor Plaque...

Dessert Pedestal made with Poppy Seed Projects Eleanor Plaque {no tools required!}
 And...No tools are needed!  Woohoo!
How to make a Dessert Pedestal {with Poppy Seed Projects Plaque}
 Supplies:

Okay...Let's get started... I adore the look of old weathered wood pieces because it shows that they were used and loved.  Although this dessert pedestal is new, with paint it can also have the Vintage loved look.  The base parts were painted separately and in three steps as shown below.  I painted the Robin Egg Blue first, followed by the Cherry Red and then the Antique White. Allow to dry between coats. I put a light coat of the blue and red, but multiple coats of Antique White until I achieved the look I desired.  You can paint in any color order you desire.  I wanted to see the colors peeking through the Antique White.  Note: Not Pictured...Make sure to paint the under side of the plaque with Antique White.
Painting Steps 1-3
Once the Antique White paint was completely dry, I gave it a good sanding with my sanding block.  Just sand it until you get the look you like.  The other paint colors will peek through.
Painted and ready to assemble {Poppy Seed Projects Plaque}
When I finished sanding, I wiped off all the sanding dust and sprayed each piece two coats of Satin Finish. (This is not required, but I think it gives it a more finished look.)  Poppy Seed's Texturizing Cream is great here too!

Here is a close-up of the Antique paint effect. 
Close up of the paint layers
Now...It's time to put the pieces together.  
Locate the center of the circle base and adhere the spool to the center using a strong adhesive like E6000.  Once that has dries, Locate the center on the bottom side of the plaque.  Adhere the spool and bottom circle base.  

Voila...You have a darling Dessert Pedestal so versatile it can be used for any Holiday!
Fun and Easy Dessert pedestal made with Poppy Seed Projects Plaque
Add a festive Snowflake  or a pretty glass knob...or both!  Why not make a Snowflake garland with Poppy Seed's seasonal paper while you're at it!
Dessert Pedestal {Poppy Seed Projects plaque}
 Or...just display a cloche full of Vintage Christmas balls...
Create your own Pedestal from a Poppy Seed Projects Plaque- NO tools required!
It makes a great display however you choose to accessorize it!

Love to have you visit me at OneKriegerChick!  Here's a taste of what you'll find:
DIY glittered snowflake tree
DIY Snowflake Wreath at OneKriegerChick

Thanks so much to the Poppy Seed gals for having me...Hope you all have a Happy Holiday!
~Ariean

No comments:

Post a Comment