July 15, 2012

Guest Post - Super Cute Super Saturday Ideas

Hi Poppy Seed followers.  My name is Adrienne and I am the blogger behind Free Time Frolics. I am so excited to be here with you at Poppy Seed Projects.  Thanks Holly for having me.  Today I will be sharing a few projects for Super Saturday Ideas or Gift for you to make for your own friends and family.

1. I Love to see The Temple

I had this one in mind for my daughter.  It would make a great gift for that special Little Miss in your life. I was going to wait for Christmas to give my Little Miss hers but she saw it and fell in love.  Her favorite song to sing is I Love to See the Temple.  We sing it every night.






I made this into a gift bundle just for her.  Here is what I used.
Temple Memory game
Temple Block
I Love to see the Temple Printable (Here)
I packaged it as a fun little bundle.  Wrapped in a cellophane bag with shredded tissue paper and tied with a big bow.
 A fun gift for under $15

2. Ctr Block and Printable

This is option #1-
A great idea for a young man preparing for a mission.
 CTR Block
Printable of 1 Nephi 3:7
Add a new Tie.  
This little gift set adds up to less Than $10 plus our neck tie.  Wrap your gift using the necktie as part of the wrapping.
Option #2-
I love this idea and wish I had done this for my sons baptism.  I think this would have been great for a centerpiece or table decor for his family get together. Add your favorite Picture and you have something they can have for a life time.  Add a gift card for a CTR Ring or necklace.Do this for Girls or Boys.

For this little bundle I used:
CTR Block
Baptism Printable (Here)
Baptism Subway Art copy
Missionary Printable (Here)
Easy gift for under$10

3. Button Bracelet
Here is an easy and fun tutorial to make a beautiful bracelet from buttons.  Mom, Grandmothers, daughters or even your Visiting teaching ladies would love one of these.
Here is a quick supply list:
Buttons - Vintage or new
Some cute charms that have holes on two ends
jewelry glue or E-6000
jump rings or some kind of connector links
a lobster clasp
and pliers and crimpers

4. Quiet books
I just love photo quiet books.  They are simple to put together and my kiddos love them.  Here are a few to choose from.
Gospel ABC Cards
We Beleive
Book of Mormon (This one requires a little bit of work.  But is extremely cool.)


After printing them at a photo lab you can expect to spend around $6 or $7 each. Just add them to a photo book from the dollar section and you are ready to go.Usually Photo labs like Walmart or Costco will give you a discount if you order lots many prints.  Costco requires you to order more than 500 prints for a discount.  This will decrease the amount each book costs.

5. Monogram Letters:
I am super excited about this one.  I have been wanting a Monogram letter for my gallery wall.  Buy the First letter of your last name.  All you need is a Letter from Poppy Seed Projects and any of the following:
Modge Podge with scrapbook paper
Wrap with yarn,
or use vinyl and paint To create a unique Letter. 
Anyway you do it, make it your own.  Fun and Unique just like your family!Her are a few examples. Click onthe image for the instructions.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2718/4406572769_91eff47e73.jpg
I hope this little round up has sparked your creativity!!! Christmas is just around that corner.  Its never to early to get started.

If your interested to see more of what I like to do in my Free Time come on over and check out my Blog Free Time Frolics.  I would love to have you for a visit!!

Thank you Holly and Poppy Seed Projects for having me over.

DARLING IDEA Adrienne,  I used to teach th 7-8 year olds in primary, I so wish I had seen your great ideas, they would have made the perfect b-day presents for my kids!



1 comment:

  1. Some great idea I've just found from here. Really that's all are pretty awesome idea for making Saturday super cute.

    ReplyDelete